Monday, May 23, 2011

We Have Her!!!!!








Today has been a day that I have waited for...for soo long.  It was everything that I hope it would be.   Lily Lipei is amazing!!  She is funny and they seem to get along very well.  The language is a barrier of course but she is very smart.  She could not wait to go to the store and buy some reading books.  She also wanted more than anything to buy her friends in the orphanage some gifts.  We did and she had no problem piling huge handfuls of candy into the bag and CD's of popular Chinese singers.

She LOVES to dance and perform more than anything.  Sydney and Lily had fun showing off all of their gymnastics and dancing abilities.  Lily is VERY flexible and loves doing the splits.

Right now they are taking a bath and yes...it looks like a monsoon hit the bathroom.  Sydney has not stopped smiling!! 

7 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I am sooooooooo happy everything went so well! Congrats on your daughter Stephanie! She is soooooo beautiful!!!

Karin Friday said...

We can't stop smiling either. She is soooo adorable. The pictures are so great! We are so happy for you that this day is finally here! YAYYY!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!
So cool to see them smiling and happy together!

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you all had a joyous meeting and a fun first day... shopping and swimming! Lily and Sydney look happy together!! Hoping the first night went as well and that you & DH are able to get some R&R tonight before another big day tomorrow! I am really enjoying following your trip.

:) Kimberly from RQ

Donna said...

Congratulations! The girls look like best friends already (and I love the matching blue dresses!). Lily looks healthy -- not deathly skinny like so many of our kids come to us. It looks like she was well cared for and happy so she brings that with her into her new life and that's such a blessing to everyone!

I bet it's going to be loud in your house! ;)

Donna

V said...

She's beautiful, her smile tells everything... she's finally with her family.
I remember when I wrote to you 2 years ago and you told me that
you wanted another daughter but with the economy crisis you were not sure about doing it, I'm so happy you could finally adopt again, I adopted and older girl too (she was 4 but already considered "old) and I feel so so happy to know that older kids have a chance to have a family too.
I'm kind if "against" baby adoption, I guess people don't know what they are missing when they choose an older child. Congrats!

The Oetjen Crew said...

I am so happy for you! It looks like everyone is having a great time and she fits right into your family :)

Happy Family Day!

Dawn