Mark has been sick all week with a cold. He is NEVER sick so I hope he feels better soon.
Things are going very well with Lily so far. We are waiting for the honeymoon period to be over which I am sure will happen once we are home for a couple of weeks and the newness of the situation has worn off. Sydney is sharing very well with her new sister but that will become more difficult once home since she will have to share so much.
He girls are getting along very well despite their close age. They are different enough that they will not compete too much with each other but have enough similar interests that they play well together.
Lily is a girly girl!!! She is so excited to dress up every day and of course I did not pack enough dresses! So we will be shopping for many dresses and accessories once we get home.
She wants to take several dance lessons and piano lessons. Sydney likes guitar, Kung Fu, and basketball. I think they are a good pair! Lily sure gives Sydney a run for her money when playing though…she found somebody just as tuff and who can play rough like her! Lily is very strong though, but I think Sydney likes being tossed around a little! I know it bothers her that her younger sister is taller but I think deep down she likes being the “baby” of the family. So I think it will be ok.
So far, we haven’t really had any fights or meltdowns. We just have to be sure to give Sydney lots of attention and that helps to prevent any jealous feelings. We prepared Sydney well enough that she will come to us and say that she is feeling jealous or ask us why we said “good job” to Lily and not her.
Sydney is also being such a trooper and watching everything in Chinese. She doesn’t understand it but I am glad she is watching any way because soon the situation will be reversed.
What we have learned about Lily:
Her favorite color is light blue
She loves to wear dresses and hair bows
She is use to showering every day
She is use to blow drying her hair by herself (she is letting mommy do it some too)
She is Stubborn and knows exactly what she wants
She does not hoard food or have any food issues
She loves all kinds of meat and prefers rice to noodles
She loves to perform and pose for pictures
She has a deep voice and sings as well as Sydney… J
She skips around everywhere like Sydney and loves to hum little tunes
She is very sweet and has a giving heart
She LOVES her Ipod and DS. She is good at video games… It seems all children are these days.
She gets car sick but she has done much better in Guangzhou
She loves Barbie
She loves to read and listen to music
2 comments:
So sorry to hear your husband is sick :( Praying for him. Love the updates on your girls. Can't wait to be there myself!!
Great update! We are so excited to see you guys at the airport on Friday!!
Post a Comment